Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Video Surveillance in Vilnius
The Vilnius City Municipality Administration (VCMA) monitors public spaces in Vilnius by using unmanned aerial vehicles.
List of data being processed
Surveillance by using drones will be carried out from a considerable pre-programmed height, so it will be impossible to identify or in any way describe a person (their gender, hair colour, race, age, etc.) based on available video surveillance material. Identification will be impossible because of technical limitations even if a video is zoomed in. Also, with the help of drones, the population will be informed about the observance of quarantine rules by audio messages.
Purposes of data processing:
- Prevent the major threat posed by the COVID-19 virus and stop or at least control its spread;
- Using innovative technologies – professional drones much faster, promptly and more convenient to monitor possible violations of quarantine requirements in Vilnius and report it to public order officials – Public Order Department of the VCMA or to law enforcement authorities;
- Warn and remind with an audible message about the prohibition to come together in groups of more than 2 people, to keep the appropriate distance, etc. – which will be able to run in places where groups of people will be detected.
Grounds for data processing
Article 6(1)(e) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679: processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
VCMA (code in the Register of Legal Entities: 18871006, Konstitucijos Ave. 3, LT-09601 Vilnius, tel.: (8 5) 211 2000), email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recipients of the data
The data may be submitted to law enforcement authorities or other public authorities, where such submission is mandatory in accordance with legal requirements, and to third parties that have justified and demonstrated their right to access such data.
Data retention period
Video surveillance will be conducted in real time. No records will be made.
Public spaces, recreation areas, squares, parks, stadiums, playgrounds and sports grounds located in the territory of Vilnius City Municipality. Video surveillance is carried out every day for at least 20 hours during the week, including weekends and public holidays. This condition is valid in winds of no more than 10 m / s and in the absence of precipitation, during daylight hours
Your rights related to video surveillance
By contacting the data controller, you have the right to:
- Know (be informed) about the processing of your personal data (Articles 12-14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679);
- Access your personal data that is being processed (Article 15 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679);
- Require the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you (Article 16 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679);
- Require the erasure of personal data concerning you (“right to be forgotten”) (Article 17 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679) where one of the following grounds applies:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law.
- Obtain restriction of data processing (Article 18 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679);
- Lodge a complaint with the State Data Protection Inspectorate (L. Sapiegos Str. 17, 10312 Vilnius, tel. (8 5) 271 2804, 279 1445, email email@example.com);
- Consult a data protection officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. (8 5) 211 2664.